Taking the initiative and gaining control of your gum health is necessary to maintain excellent oral health. May patients just focus on the health of their teeth but forget that their gums need love too. Bleeding gums is a rather common dental issue and with the help of an experienced dentist, your bleeding gums can be properly treated. Novi dentists, Dr. Christopher Paulson and Dr. Linsday Holman understand the importance of keeping your gums healthy and work with you to restore your gum health. At Arbor Dental Associates, we thoroughly examine your gums for dental issues like gum disease that can have detrimental effects on your oral health. Visiting our Novi dental office regularly can help catch gum disease early and get your gums treated as soon as possible.
Why Do Your Gums Bleed?
Your gums can bleed for a number of different reasons. It is important to schedule preventative care visits twice a year in order for Dr. Paulson and Dr. Holman to examine your teeth for any complex dental issues. Catching complex dental issues early give patients the best chance of properly treating their dental issue and restoring their healthy, beautiful smile
Reasons Your Gums May Bleed
- Gum disease
- Improper flossing or brushing technique
How To Treat Bleeding Gums
At Arbor Dental Associates, we are focused on providing patients with healthy, beautiful teeth. We examine your teeth and gums and determine which treatment is right for you. We offer a full range of cosmetic, restorative, and general dental treatments for your convenience. In order to treat your bleeding gums, we may offer treatments like:
- Scaling and Root Planning: Thoroughly clean any plaque buildup that may have developed along the gum line or in dental pockets.
- Professional Dental Cleanings: At Arbor Dental Associates, we recommend patients visit our office twice a year for preventive care visit and professional teeth cleaning. We use state of the art tools and technology to help remove plaque and bacteria that regular brushing and flossing can not reach.
- Gum Surgery: For more advanced cases, we may recommend that our patients visit a trusted periodontist to help treat their bleeding gums.
- Laser Dentistry: Dr. Paulson may recommend the use of laser dentistry. Laser dentistry is a minimally invasive dental treatment that removes infected tissue in the gums.
Schedule An Appointment
If you are experiencing bleeding gums and want to get take charge of your oral health, Visit Arbor Dental Associates in Novi, MI. Dr. Paulson and Dr. Holman will work with you to help alleviate your dental issues. Schedule an appointment online or call(248) 553-9393