Crooked teeth may be considered a cosmetic concern by many patients, but they can often often be an underlying cause of both common and complex dental concerns such as frequent cavities and bite problems.
At Arbor Dental Associates in Novi, MI, Dr. Christopher Paulson offers solutions for crooked teeth which will not only enhance your natural smile, but improve your overall dental health.
Why Straighten Crooked Teeth?
Crooked teeth can present a wide range of problems for your overall oral health:
- Tooth decay: crooked teeth are often difficult to effectively clean and floss, leading to an increased risk of decay and cavities, especially between the teeth
- Bite disorders: crooked teeth can affect the balance of the bite, leading to problems such as teeth grinding and TMJ
- Tooth damage: uneven biting forces can cause teeth to chip or crack over time
Treatment for Crooked Teeth
There are several options for treating crooked or misaligned teeth and Dr. Paulson will recommend the one that is most suited to your dental health, cosmetic goals and budget after a consultation. A Dawson trained dentist practicing complete dentistry, he will take the time to thoroughly evaluate your entire occlusal system to look for any additional dental problems that should be addressed to ensure a lasting result.
Depending on your unique needs, Dr. Paulson may recommend:
- Dental veneers: veneers can be used to change the shape of the teeth and provide a more stable biting surface when there are no other bite concerns.
- Dental crowns: covering a misshapen tooth with a custom dental crown can help to realign the teeth and improve the appearance of your smile.
- Tooth bonding: for minor imperfections that can make teeth appear crooked, cosmetic bonding can reshape and restore your tooth for a more comfortable and aesthetically pleasing smile.
- Orthodontics: Dr. Paulson is a Detroit area Invisalign provider and may recommend this popular and effective clear aligner treatment for teens and adults.